This year’s Learn Do Share was a great success with record numbers of staff from a range of faculties and service divisions coming together to hear how our speakers have successfully blended technology with assessment and feedback.
Many thanks to our speakers, our student panel whose session was especially intriguing and thought-provoking, and of course you, the audience, who came along to Learn Do and Share!
See below for links to each of the sessions filmed at the event:
- Welcome – Professor Rod McNaughton
- Policy and practice – Professor Susan Geertshuis
- Exploring Canvas learning outcomes – Josephine Lee and Khushbu Tilvawala
- Canvas quizzes for scalable instant feedback – Ron Tiong
- Man yells at screen (video feedback) – Andrew Eberhard
- Kanban boards – from manufacturing cars to manufacturing minds – David White
- Why use online marking? – Dr Alan Toy and Sally Eberhard
- Bringing Canvas closer to the needs of the University – Viral Shah
- Triage in the classroom – Dr Olga Filippova
- Student panel – students
Further information on some of the tools mentioned in the sessions:
- Canvas Learning Outcomes from Josephine Lee and Khushbu’s presentation: Canvas online guides for Outcomes and Learning Mastery Gradebook . Contact ILT for further details.
- Using Canvas Quizzes for scalable instant feedback, for a less technical solution than what Ron does contact to ILT.
- For Video feedback, Andrew Eberhard uses a tool called “SnagIt” to record screen capture as his video feedback;
- David White uses Trello for his course and student projects. For further information visit the Trello tour page.
For further information about using technologies in your courses, contact ILT.