Our first major event for 2015 was the Learning and Teaching Forum, which ran during the mid-semester break. Focused on exploring techniques associated with the Business School’s newly minted five-year learning and teaching strategy, this half-day event showcased approaches currently used by lecturers to improve student satisfaction, engagement, and outcomes. The showcase also included a demystification of the teaching peer review process and an update on enhancements to the first year experience.
If you weren’t able to attend in person, or you want to refresh yourself on one or more of the sessions you can find videos of all below:
- The UABS approach to teaching – Susan Geertshuis
- Peer review of teaching demystified – Kirsty Williamson
- Enhancing the first year experience – Doug Carrie and Katy Mann
- Authentic learning experiences with simulations – David Robb
- Authentic learning experiences with business cases – Mike Lee and Tim Jaffray
- Flipping the classroom and other tales of active learning beyond the lecture theatre – Tessa Owens, Bodo Lang, Ali Mirjalili