At this year’s Learn Do Share, staff from across the University of Auckland came together to share how they’ve taken Canvas, the University’s Learning Management System, to the next level in blending pedagogy and technology.
Attendees heard about future enhancements and changes to Canvas, how digital badging might look in Canvas, successes and challenges around teaching large online courses, how Canvas analytics can help increase student engagement, use of student learning journals in Canvas and Canvas ‘tips and tricks.’
Audience members also engaged with speakers and content on Twitter (@ILTLearning) throughout the event.
The event, which is held annually at the University of Auckland Business School, was well attended with a perfect mix of both professional and academic staff coming together to Learn, Do and Share!
See below for links to each of the sessions filmed at the event:
- Latest trends in Canvas – Dr Brigida Figueira and Chris Okey
- Digital badging in Canvas – Damon Ellis
- Teaching large online courses – successes and challenges – Dr Barbara Daly
- Let’s talk student engagement: connecting teachers and students using learning analytics – Dr Steve Leichtweis and Dr Marion Blumenstein
- Practical observations on the use of student learning journals – Dr Peter Smith