This year’s Teaching Forum attracted staff from across the University to hear more about, and focus further on Assessment and Feedback because the University has now approved its new Assessment (Coursework, Tests and Examinations) Policy and Procedures.
See below for links to each of the sessions videoed at the event:
- Welcome and opening – Professor Rod McNaughton – Deputy Dean Business School
- Happy students, Happy learner – Mr Anuj Bhargava (FMHS)
- Perspectives from different Faculties on the new assessment policy: Panel session – Director of L&T (Business School) and Associate Deans of Art, Science, and EDSW
- The only difference between criticism and feedback is how you hear it – Ms Dedre Van Zyl
- Mixing active learning with passive assessments is a recipe for disaster: A call to shift from theory consumption to theorisation – Dr Carlos Diaz Ruiz
- Tell me about my learning and I’ll tell you about your teaching: Learning analytics as teacher and student feedback – Dr Steve Leichtweis and Dr Marion Blumenstein
- Nudge Nudge Wink Wink A Rubric say no more?! – Ms Una Lightfoot
- Student perspectives on assessment and feedback – Student panel
ILT will also be facilitating Learn Do Share later in 2019.